Virgle Griffith

Wilson Lamb wrote:

I have a bunch of 2" walnut veneer doors removed from office redos.
They make great tables. Some have no knob hole...were from double

doors.
I often put the knob hole in back and drop wires through it.
Most of these are 36", so would need cutting down for a desk.
Making a big flat top is harder than it looks. I'd just buy a husky

door
and do the work on legs and an apron.
You might find a suitable door at your local Habitat recycling store, if

you
have one.
You might want to use a file cabinet for part of the support, maybe even
two, although they limit the leg space.
Wilson

Another choice you might consider is keeping look out for offices being
refurbished.
I came across an insurance company replacing all the furniture and bought 2
metal desk, one was "L" configuration which I gave $15.00 and the other was
&10.00. Both were nice and had Formica tops. I have desk loaded with
computers and ham gear.

Virgle
NI4H