Dr. Hardcrab

"Jeremy Hine" wrote

What would cause an older 240 waterheater to increase my power bill. I
also have electric furnace that regularly gets a new filter each 6 weeks.
AC/heater unit (outside) was serviced in late Dec, had both sequencers
replaced. Same goes for electric dryer around October. It might not be
the waterheater at all, its just the only thing that hasnt needed any
immediate attention. I can bet its never been flushed, elements replaced,
or anyother maintenance done to it.

I'm in a 25 year old singlewide mobile home in Northcentral Florida.

Any suggestions?

One: Did you power company raise their rates? A lot of companies did around
the first of the year. (Our local co-op raised our rates 30%!!!) Look at
your last bill and see if the rates went up or if your usage went up. If the
usage went up then you can:

Two: Have the power company come in and do an "energy audit". Most companies
do not charge for this service and it is a good way to find out what is
using all of the electricity in your home.