Scott S. Logan

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:49:27 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

I've finally got my little Loagan Model 200 up and running. Seems to be
nice and tight, cuts the nicest collection of steel wool shavings I've
seen. But as soon as I try for some heavier cuts, the belts either slip
or pop off. The Logan has a 25 pound belt guard on the top that actuates
a cam to tighten up the flat belt. Easy to adjust the bolt but how
tight to set it? I can't get at the belt to see how much deflection it
has once the guard comes down, can't do it with the guard up because
the cam isn't actuated. Belt appears to be some sort of fabric deal, not
leather. Help??

Since it is so easy to readjust (set screw at rear of cover), adjust
the tension just tight enough for the work you are doing. If the belt
slips, tighten it up a bit.

Also, when the lathe is not in use, release the tension. Either leave
the cover up, or shift the belt so it is cockeyed, on the small step
of both the spindle and countershaft pulley. The belt will last much
longer.

You might also want to check out the following resources:

Logan Lathe Users Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lathe-list

Logan Lathe FAQ
http://lathe.com/faq

Logan Actuator Co. online store
http://store.lathe.com

| Scott Logan - ssl "at" lathe.com |
| Logan Actuator Co. http://www.lathe.com |
| Harvard, IL |
| Parts and Accessories for Logan Lathes and |
| Montgomery Wards Lathes |
| Logan-Lilly Mine Hoist Safety Controllers |
"Measure Twice, Cut Once"

RCM FAQ - http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal
Metal Web News - http://www.metalwebnews.com/
Help squash SPAM: http://www.cauce.org/