RoyJ

I've been a bit leery about going that tight. I still have enough left
so the cover has a distinct 'clank' when I lower it down. Sounds like
you are letting all the cover weight tighten the belt, add weight to
take care of the bounce???

John Hall wrote:

I tighten the belt so it won't slip then put a nice heavy chunk of stock on
top of the cover so it doesn't do that annoying bounce. Usually that means
tightening the screw until the cover just lifts. Make sure the belt isn't
greasy.

John
"RoyJ" wrote in message
ink.net...

I've finally got my little Loagan Model 200 up and running. Seems to be
nice and tight, cuts the nicest collection of steel wool shavings I've
seen. But as soon as I try for some heavier cuts, the belts either slip or
pop off. The Logan has a 25 pound belt guard on the top that actuates a
cam to tighten up the flat belt. Easy to adjust the bolt but how tight to
set it? I can't get at the belt to see how much deflection it has once the
guard comes down, can't do it with the guard up because the cam isn't
actuated. Belt appears to be some sort of fabric deal, not leather. Help??