Jeffrey McCann

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message

Accused persons shall, unless they freely waive such
assistance, be aided by an interpreter, both during
preliminary investigation and during the hearing in court.
They shall have the right at any time to object to the
interpreter and to ask for his replacement.
]

Probably his outhouse basement is flooded so he
had to move.

I can't tell if you noticed this, but Guido's entire, lengthy quotation

has
nothing whatsoever to do with what Gunner was talking about. Did you

notice?

With all due respect to you guys, neither you, nor Guido, nor Gunner is
likely to have the slightest clue about how international law shakes out

in
this case. I've been careful to say I know little about it. But I have
studied it, at some length. What I've learned is that it is the most
difficult aspect of law, one that requires great expertise and full-time
involvement, or you are, almost certainly, going to lead yourself down a
primrose path.

Amen to that. My law school had an exchange program with students and
professors from the former Yugoslavia, just as things there were starting to
fall apart. An interesting time, but a good way to learn from people who
were there and actually working on some of the international law issues.

Only a fool would argue about it, IMO. Or a half-fast editorialist.

Or just about any of us on misc.survivalism!

Jeff