Cliff

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:25 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:11:00 GMT
in alt.machines.cnc :
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:13:15 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

We screwed up several things, but I don't know enough about the law to judge
if we screwed up in our handling of the Taliban captives. I would have
thought they were subject to treatment as POWs, and I'd feel better if they
were, but, again, I don't know the details of international law regarding
prisoners taken in various types of combat.

Non uniformed combatants are not covered under the Rules of War as
enemy soldiers, and are not covered by the Geneva Conventions (Hague
Accords). In fact, they are said to be terrorists and may be summarily
executed after a drum head tribunal with no regards to any other
international law, or any protections under the Rules of War.
Particularly mentioned are non uniformed combatants with no TOC or
national identifier.

Those aren't "combatants" those are bandits.

(Yeah, I know, every tyranny calls the "Resistance", bandits or
terrorists. But then, those who support tyrannies will also call
terrorists "Insurgents".)

tschus
pyotr

Gunner wants to give the US back to the French, Spanish, Mexicans &
British as the terrorists were not wearing the proper red uniforms.
--
Cliff