Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 21 Jan 2005 05:36:06p, Roger called across the abyss...

I've got a light fitting in a shaded area. I need to fit one of these
screw-in photo-cell adaptors to it. Does anyone have any
recommendations about models to look at / avoid. In particular I need
to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the unit.

It's a waste of electricity to use a light sensing switch in the socket,
as it leaves the light on all night. Why not get a motion detector
switch, and connect it to the fixture, or just a motion detector
floodlight fixture which would likely be as cheap or cheaper than the
switch unit.. The good ones have light sensor adjustments as well as
choices of time-on.

Depends on the adapter. The one I bought can be adjusted to burn from 1-6
hours or all night after initially turning on.

Wayne