Chris Lewis

According to Edwin Pawlowski :

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

Seriously, what the heck could motor mounts have to due with a short
circuit. I am assuming this thing blows the breakers when you turn it
on...right? If not, I think we call this an open circuit...in any event,
just take the thing to another dealer or better yet, buy a Dyson... Ross

Mieles are very good vacuums. One of the best. We _really_ like ours.

A Dyson might be a downgrade ;-)

Dysons seem to be uprights and large canister style.

The Miele in question I suspect is a very light weight canister style.

See http://www.mielevacuums.com/ (ie: Sxxx type)

If the motor moves because of a broken mount, wires can touch and short out.
The torque of the motor starting can cause a connection to hit a housing or
another wire.

This is presumptious that the wires have bare spots.

I find it hard to believe that someone can diagnose such a thing without
taking it apart.

Mieles are virtually all plastic, so, housing/case isn't likely to be an issue.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est