Tom

Ryan wrote:Hi all,

I have a swimming pool with a diatomaceous earth filter. I have heard that
you have to clean the filters twice a year, but I find myself cleaning it
about 4 - 5 times a year. The symptoms that make me clean it: The Kreepy
Krawly stops moving, and the pressure on the filter is about 10 lbs. more
than when it is freshly cleaned.

Believe me, it's a chore. Does anyone here have experience with these, and
is there some maintenance that I am not doing that is making my filter gunk
up more than usual? I try to keep the pool clean, although sometimes it
gets a little green in the winter months before I take care of it.

Thanks for your advice,

Ryan

Welcome to the pool owners lifestyle! Pools are a lot of little work, and it
all depends. Got a lot of "dirty" trees around the pool? Keeping the chemicals
in balance? Green, huh? Keeping up with the sanitizer? You gotta backwash when
you gotta backwash. That, or sell it all off. Tom
Work at your leisure!