John A. Weeks III

In article ,
"Travis Jordan" wrote:

John A. Weeks III wrote:
/snip/
Copper is now going by the wayside for plumbing. The modern
stuff is called "PEX". It has been used in Europe for quite
a long time, and is now common in the US. It should be in
universal use in a few years. PEX appears to last a great
long time, decades, even in the most nasty water.

Decades? Pity the buyer of a 30 year home.

I said "decades" because PEX has only been around for 40 years,
and it hasn't worn out yet, so the don't know the real world
lifetime of the system yet. The only thing we do know is that
if you keep PEX out of UV light, it can last far longer than
copper. In contrast, I have seen copper wear out in as little
as 5 years.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications