Simon Langford

It's also worth pointing out that this sort of installation requires
building regs approval. Professional installers have the option of a
self registration get out along the lines of Fensa double glaziers and
Part P for electricians. The building regs covers distance from walls
and suitability of materials. Sounds as if your fitter either wasn't
registered, or if he was he shouldn't have been!

Indeed, the installers make a big thing in their publicity of how
convenient it is that they can self-approve their work since they are
registered.

I'm interested to know about the minimum distance in the building regs.
I've found Document J:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...reg_600285.pdf

As far as I can see, on page 32 diagram 2.10 says that there should be
at least 150mm around the stove (or to a suitably heat resistant wall).
It seems that my wall is not suitably heat resistant, and my gap is not
150mm.

Have I got the right reference?

Sounds like a stroppy phone call is in order.

Simon.