effi

how about check with local businesses or government entities that might have
some old soundproof cubicle dividers, the kind like you see in the movie
office space (1999 - by mike judge, same guy who created beavis and
butthead) that are about 5' tall - you could also move them around as needed

or, use 4' x 8' drywall sheets, 3/4" thick, held up by some kind of wood
frames, lay them sideways and leave a gap at the bottom of about a foot, so
each panel is 5 feet tall, 8 feet wide - though not noncombustible, they
would have a fire rating of about 30 minutes - much better than combustible
plastic - it would also offer a degree of soundproofing - if you don't
permanently ayyach them you could move them around as needed

or, frame it out and add drywall walls

wouldn't use foamboard, drapes (curtains), or anything more combustible than
drywall...

"Drew V" wrote in message
I'm moving to a new place that has a very large, open space. I'm
looking for a cheap way to partition off a corner of the room for an
office area around my desk (so guests don't see all of my clutter).

Anyone have any recommendations ? It's a loft, so something unfinished
or industrial looking is fine. I was thinking of building a couple of
screens with 1/2" steel conduit and some cheap plastic sheets in
the middle, but I haven't found good plastic to use.

dv

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.