Andy Hall

On 19 Jan 2005 14:03:13 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

John Rumm writes:
Huge wrote:

I'm presently grouting the tiles in our bathroom, and I'm having trouble
cleaning the grout off the tile surface.

[20 lines snipped]

What am I doing wrong?

I would guess it is the additive that is bonding the film to the
tiles... perhaps you should use less.

Last lot I did, I found that if I did what you describe (i.e. squeegy
most of with the rubber faced float, then sponge), leave it for a day or
so and the remaining residue wiped clean off with a bit of kitchen roll.

What happens if you try a bit without the additive?

Dunno.

But SWMBO is bashing away with the pan scourer as I type this and they're
coming up quite well, so perhaps I'll just let her get on with it!

You could try using a plastic pan scourer together with a random
orbital sander if you have one, set on low speed, again with wetting
of the scourer. I did this on the last set of tiles I fitted to
good effect.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl