Simon Stroud

"Ian White" wrote in message
PhilÅ wrote:
Have marked around the area I am siliconing with masking tape..

How long after siliconing up should I wait until I remove the tape??

Sorry, this should have been part of the FAQ text (the one that begins
with soaking your finger in 50% washing-up liquid).

Smooth the silicone right down to the edge of the masking tape. Where
the edge of the silicone bead meets the edge of the tape, the silicone
should be no thicker than the tape itself.

Then peel off the tape immediately, pulling it away from the silicone.
That leaves a nice feather edge on the bead.

If there is any sign of lifting, just run your finger VERY LIGHTLY along
the edge of the bead to put it back.

--
Ian White
Abingdon, England

I've found that during this final finger-wiping stage (after removing the
tape as quickly as possible after squirting and smoothing the silicone), a
good wetting (plus a dash of fairy liquid) of the finger makes all the
difference.

Good luck!

Simon.