Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Christian McArdle"
saying something like:

Simple question, but I've asked that to my mum before, but she can't

answer
that! The element was replaced without my knowledge about a year or so ago

at
some exhorbitant cost by some electrical/plumbing firm when the old one

went
short circuit and tripped the MCB.

Perhaps the installers were cretinous and replaced with a short element,
although the fact that the thermostat was 18" might suggest otherwise.

Likely the cretinous installers had only a dual element one with them
and used that.

The cretinous installers only wired up one element - the short one. I'd
bet the feed isn't 4core and the old switch is merely on/off with no
bath/sink.

He can connect the long element instead of the short one.
--

Dave