Duane Bozarth

Wish I would learn how to post pics, but nevertheless, there are 2
primary issues:

1. Joining 2 solid bent aprons to top while keeping them from pulling
the joints of the top apart again. Thought: Maybe join the 2 together
first with some oak strips and mount with the 8 shaped fasteners
avoiding any triangular supports???

2. Clamping a round surface to repair a crack starting at the top's
edge. Imagine an face cut of a 48" diameter oak log with a check 4"
long starting from the edge. Thought: Maybe use 2 Jorg wood clamps
parallel to the crack and clamp the jorgs perpendicular to the crack
with bar clamps???

Take the top completely loose of the frame first to relieve any residual
stress. You'll have to work the separated joint loose enough to clean
the old glue and any dirt, etc., out of the joint to have any chance of
a repair holding. If possible, I would prefer to separate the entire
joint, clean it up thoroughly and then re-glue.

To clamp a round edge, make a clamping caul and clamp it securely to the
table top so that one then has a square edge for the long clamps to bear
against.

To re-attach the top to the frame, arrange for it to not be a solid
connection as another poster has noted...look at any other table you
have for ideas/examples of proper connection details.