Andy Hall

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:16:37 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

It's rather more useful than 'specifically for mitre saws" ...
It's supplied with two clamps formed from box sections
into which coach bolts fit. The recommendation is to
affix the mitre /chop saw to a lump of mdf then use the bolts
to attach the 'lump' into the clamp bars. Different lumps of
mdf then can carry tile saws, bench drills whatever ... all
by buying extra coach bolts/washers. nuts.

The actual frame itself is quite handy for clamping timber
to, then planing/sanding/ drilling /chiselling ...and it's very
sturdy. It is 'designed' for portable use, rather than static use
... but it's very heavy ... it can be reduced in length and the
legs _do_ fold away ... but my definition of 'easily stored' and
B&Q's one seems somewhat different; nevertheless, I'm glad
I've got one.

---

Brian

Along the same lines, I can recommend the DeWalt DE7023 mitre saw
stand. Being mainly aluminium, it is very light yet rock solid. For
example, it will take my Makita LS1013 sliding compound mitre saw
weighing a not inconsiderable 32kg without flinching. It folds up
neatly into its own length for easy storage when not in use.

I use it for a variety of other things as well and bought extra pairs
of brackets as spares to be able to do a quick swap between machines.
There are even little rubber feet on the brackets so that the tool can
be put onto a surface without marring it.

Screwfix have them (47888 at £169.99), but I've seen them as low as
£120 or so or bundled in a deal with a mitre saw.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl