Peter Scott

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have just installed a new toilet, rather to my dismay when I came to
"polish off" the job what I thought was a black mark on the cistern is a
very small chip. As I bought the toilet some time ago I don't think it
would be reasonable for the retailer to replace it. Is there a way of
"painting" this blemish over? Any suggestions appreciated.

I've a similar problem with a Belfast sink. I am going to try
a white epoxy filler similar to the stuff you use on car bodies.
I've already filled the deeper part of the (quite large) chip
and it has survived water, detergent and other chemicals. I am
therefore quite hopeful. I'll polish it with increasingly fine wet and
dry papers.

Anyone think I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Peter Scott