stuart noble

Default Jack of all trades primer, sealer, undercoat --- master of none?

Michael Brewer wrote in message ...
I wonder whether anyone has tried the 3-in-1 primer, sealer and
undercoat from International Paints (see
http://www.international-paints.co.uk/multisurface.html)? It claims
to seal bare plaster as well as prime/undercoat wood and metal. As I
have only a bit of plaster to seal and a bit of wood to
prime/undercoat, buying individual sealer, primer and undercoats will
result in a lot of wastage (even if I buy a combined primer/undercoat
for the wood and a separate sealer for the plaster), so the all in one
sounds attractive. However, I'd rather not have my paint peeling off
a couple of years down the line because of a dodgy base layer which is
neither one thing nor the other.

Any oil based undercoat will do this. About £4 for 500ml in any shed.