Tom Gardner

Default Metal fatigue - on Christmass yet!

Best Christmas that I can remember! My buddy found the problem with the
brakes on the Dodge Van, a rubber line had an internal ply separation and
was making the brakes funky and somewhat scary. He delivered the van on
Christmas eve so I could take the wheel-chaired parents to Church and to
diner. My sister made homemade cinnamon rolls for brunch. I had a few
hours to nap in the afternoon before a prime rib for Christmas diner and was
doing so until....A blade bracket on my ceiling fan failed and shed a blade
into a mirror. Well, THAT'S a wake-up call!!! Now, the fan being about a
pound out of balance sounds just like Santa's reindeers are all in rut on
the roof. One could have seen white all the way around my eyes!

So, the bracket's made of potmetal and I sure can't make a new one...any
ideas where to get one for a 20 yr old fan? I think it's a Hunter but I
will have to check. -or it's off to HD.