Noah Vail

Roger Shoaf wrote:
If you have a name brand you might be able to get the parts from the
manufacturer or a dealer. If another brand try taking the vise off
the bench, and bring it in to a hardware store and ask the clerk if
they have some carriage bolts and nuts that you can secure the vise
with.

"Noah Vail" wrote in message
The house I purchased has a workshop table with a vise attached to
it. The vise is missing the "do-hickeys" that lock it into place.
When you try to use it, the vise wiggles and turns. How can I find
replacement "do-hickeys" or create a workaround to lock the vise in
place?

thanks,
noah

Carriage bolts... is that what those do-hickeys are called? That is a good
start... thanks! This vise is from the '70s and there are no markings on
it. Frugality... in other words "my wife..." makes me want to repair it...
I just wanna new vice! grin

--
nv