Orrin Iseminger

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:32:38 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

I am looking at Foredom tools to use them for finishing work on light
welds.

I have a Foredom that has given good service over the 20 years or so
that I've had it. If I didn't have it, I would seriously consider an
air operated mini die grinder. Have you considered going the air tool
route? Air tools tend to be smaller, lighter and cheaper (once you have
the compressor setup) than equivalent electric tools and less
restrictive than flexible shaft tools. Might be worth looking into.

My regular die grinder gets more use than my Foredom.

Ted

Can you please provide any sites, brand names, model numbers, or other
helpful things? Air is getting more attractive all the time.

Steve

I purchased two micro die grinders, on sale now for $19.99, apiece,
from Harbor Freight. I see something similar listed in some of the
major machine tool suppliers for three times that much. I suspect
they were built on the same assembly line in China.

Harbor freight also lists a mini die grinder for $14.99

The micro grinders have done everything I've asked of them.

Orrin