Bruce

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:14:26 -0700,
wrote
(in article ):

So 6" whether I opt for the cheap aluminum HVAC or the 5-times more
costly smooth flex hose is probably not going to have a noticeable
difference on the airflow -- given that I'm only using 2 to 3 feet max
of this stuff right at the tool port. Correct?

haha, and small chunks of wood .. ouch! I did that a few nights ago.
I have the TS and outfeed sitting on some 2x2x1 redwood blocks. One
nudged loose and WHAM! I dont think I sustained any damage to the DC,
but that was probably fortunate. I thought I noticed that the blower
was a bit more noisy, but maybe I'm dreaming.

Bill P suggested I measure the amps of the unit and if it drops below
25% of baseline, then I had the Jet 12" wheel instead of the 11" one
that comes std w/ the 1.5hp unit.

The corrugated metal pipe that is kinda hard to bend is ok, but the aluminum
dryer duct stuff is rather delicate. It dents real easy and is difficult to
repair.

-Bruce