Speedy Jim

JeffJefferies wrote:

I want to install a floor drain in my basement and was wondering. Because
it would be no more than a 12x12 cut out can I just get a special blade and
use my circular saw? I don't want to trash the saw but if it is really not
a big deal I would rather use my saw then rent a pro one.

Any help appreciated -

Yes, you can use a masonry abrasive blade or maybe a diamond blade.
It will make a *lot* of dust!! Unless you can wet it down (diamond)
but I'd be a little concerned about the saw and safety.

In the end you may be better off renting a wet-saw.

Jim