So 6" whether I opt for the cheap aluminum HVAC or the 5-times more
costly smooth flex hose is probably not going to have a noticeable
difference on the airflow -- given that I'm only using 2 to 3 feet max
of this stuff right at the tool port. Correct?

haha, and small chunks of wood .. ouch! I did that a few nights ago.
I have the TS and outfeed sitting on some 2x2x1 redwood blocks. One
nudged loose and WHAM! I dont think I sustained any damage to the DC,
but that was probably fortunate. I thought I noticed that the blower
was a bit more noisy, but maybe I'm dreaming.

Bill P suggested I measure the amps of the unit and if it drops below
25% of baseline, then I had the Jet 12" wheel instead of the 11" one
that comes std w/ the 1.5hp unit.

On 14 Dec 2004 09:52:26 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

Given that you are 6" all the way, using 2-3 feet of flex hose will be
virtually unnoticeable. I did a test set up using 6" metal flex hose
vs. 4" PVC. From an anecdotal point of view, we are talking about the
difference between hurricane force suction and a nice breeze. Go for
what is easiest to do. You've already done the big improvement by
selecting 6". Just be sure to protect small animals from getting
sucked in!

Bob