Jim Alexander

"Earl Kella" wrote in message
(re-post; last message sent with last years date)

My boiler which I installed myself (Baxi Potterton Cmbi 130HE) is showing
signs of low gas pressure after working fine for 1 year. Occasional
ignition failure (ie once a month) and fairly frequent very loud flame
ignition (farting type noise).

I'm going to service it thoroughly to see if a good clean will help, but I
would like to know how big a job it is to increase the gas pressure to it
if
this turns out to be the case.

As it has been working fine for 1 year, is it likely that the gas pressure
from the supply mains has dropped since installation? I have heard that
gas
pressure can be increased fairly simply by removing metal weights
somewhere
near the gas meter - is this the case?

I will of course get a corgi bloke to come in and do it but is it likely
be an expensive job? I'm just off out to get a gas pressure measuring
thing
I've seen in B&Q.....

why not use the one you used when you installed the boiler...

Jim A