nick smith

Default mains water pipe diameter - want a bigger one

"Alex" wrote in message
It is normal for the water supply to be 15mm your side of the cock and 22 mm
on the water company side,so if that is the case it should not be to
difficult to change the supply to 22mm.

The recent splitting from the neighbours supply which was shared from a single
approx 15mm / half inch steel pipe off the 3" main in the road, and we had to go on a
meter
the board plumbed it all the way in 25mm Blue plastic pipe, which I continued in same size
into the house and then on in 22mm copper. the Bath taps jointly give a flow rate of 44
litres
a minute and the shower around 15 to 20 litres a minute depending on summer or winter.
Fan-blinking-tastic shower I can assure you !

Nick