Paul Guzman

Thanks for the info. Thanks to mostly positive comments from you and other
Legacy owners I have decided to go ahead and make the purchase. Now I need
to decide which one.....900 or 1200? Tough decision.
Thanks again for your comments,
Paul

"Bill Grumbine" wrote in message
Paul

I have had my Legacy for a number of years now, and while it does not get
the use I would like to see, it has held up well. The reason it does not
get as much use as I would like is because I do a lot of custom work, and
get paid to do what people pay me to do - i.e. I do not use it unless
someone is paying me for something that can be done on it. However, and
more to your point, a good friend of mine, who lives just down the road
from
me, has made more pieces on his Legacy than probably all the rest of the
owners in the world combined. His name is Jim Neff, and he is featured
from
time to time in their magazine. He has done thousands upon thousands of
pieces on his machine, and while parts do need replacing from time to
time,
overall his has held up pretty well.

On the down side, it can be a bit finicky to adjust, and it has a fairly
steep learning curve. On the up side, it can do some pretty neat stuff
besides make spirals, although it does them well. If you want to see some
of my work (a very little bit of my work) on it, you can go to my personal
page (URL below). When you get to the main page, there are two links on
the
Legacy.

Bill

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine

Bowl Turning DVD www.wonderfulwood.com/dvd.html
commercial site www.wonderfulwood.com
personal site www.enter.net/~ultradad
"Paul Guzman" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone here use one of these? I saw it at a woodworking show and was
impressed by what you can do with it but it doesn't look all that well
built. The aluminum framework doesn't look all that sturdy and some parts
look like they would wear quickly. Before I spend that kind of money on a
tool I want to know it does what it is supposed to do and will last

through
many years of use.
Thanks in advance for any comments on this machine,
Paul