Rick Hughes

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
.uk...
how dry is a dry mix?
this is for a thin screed over UFH

I laid many tonnes of screed over my Nu-Heat system, there is a full article
on this at - http://tinyurl.com/5m748

IMHO you need 65mm minimum, you can go lower but it WILL crack.

I used 75mm depth of fibre reinforced screed.

As to how dry, if you are buying it comes mixed correctly - if own mix, then
it should be mixed with minimum water, just enough that if you squeeze a
handful it will hold it's shape, without oozing any water or even making
your hand wet.

If own mixing best way is to damp down sand with a hose, no water added to
the drum.

A 4:1 mix is good enough .... you can buys bags of Fibrin fibre
reinforcement additives to add to your mix.

Underfloor heating is GREAT, no rads to worry about ... each room has it's
own digital temp control.
Really pleased with it.

Rick