Owain

Default Covering worktop with Fablon

"Rachel" wrote
| My question is : Has anyone had any experience of covering
| the existing worktops using FABLON ?

s/FABLON/sticky-back-plastic because I might not have been using the
authentic trademarked stuff.

Yes. And cupboard fronts.

| If so, how was it?

Vile.

| Does it still look ok,

No.

| and is it a good idea.

No.

| Obviously we realise that we would have to be careful with the surface
| with sharp objects etc .. but nothing can be as bad as it looks at
| the moment.

Sticky-back-plastic works okay for things that have *very light* use. I've
had very good results converting a bedside chest of drawers from white to
"pine" and changing the knobs to brass.

However, it seems to shrink after a while leaving sticky edges, it is
difficult to get edges to stick down, and any 3-dimesnional curves go
wrinkly. joints are an absolute no-no.

If your worktops are square edged you might be able to just stick new
laminate on the top and front edge.

Owain