Jim Gott

Keep looking. I saw one online recently that I might be interested in
buying if I can find it again. It had a knit turtleneck to keep chips out
of the top and appeared to be of some hard material such as oil-cloth to
simply shed chips and dust. I think it fastened in the back and that might
be a nice feature because there were no fasteners at all on the front to
get dust clogged.

Bill BRBR

Bill,

Sounds like you're referring to the Packard smock, near the back of the
catalog. A ribbed neck and otherwise like a kitchen apron, made of dark blue
nylon. I have one of those, too, but it doesn't protect the shoulders and my
shirt still gets stained. I'll still use it occasionally if I'm turning small
projects of dry, light colored wood where there aren't a lot of chips.
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA