On 3 Dec 2004 11:44:51 -0800, someone wrote:

This is a pretty small unit for a "long steep driveway" in my neck of
New England (southern NH). It will work, but won't be *that* much
easier than a shovel...

..., I'm broke, and I'm tired of spending 3 hours outside with
a shovel when it snows. I have an opportunity to pick up a 25 year old Toro
524 for $100.

It will be one HELL of a lot EASIER on his back than a shovel, as no
matter how slow he has to walk with the low- powered blower, he still
won't have to push and toss with the shovel.

Sure 5hp is low, my little one (difrerent brand) for walkways &
cleanup is bigger, but I have done our entire 400 foot driveway with
it when the plow guy didn/t show up one day. If its gonna snow a
foot, OK maybe he goes out and does it 2x if he lives there and is
home while its coming down.

OTOH if somebody was gonna show up at a weekend place and face 2 feet
at once that had accumulated all week, they'd need something that
could handle that. But those folks usually have a local contractor to
have the place ready for them when they get there.

-v.