Edwin Pawlowski

"dicko" wrote in message
Several years ago, there was a fire in a local house here where the
elderly owner was somewhat eccentric. He had been taking styrofoam
plastic packing peanuts, whenever he'd receive a package, and throw
them in his attic for insulation.

The fire chief made a comment, something to the effect that he'd never
ever in his career as a fireman, seen a house that went up in flames
as fast as that house did. It was totally destroyed.

So, yes, I think I would find a way to remove it all.

dickm

If it is that type of material, yes, is should be removed. If, OTOH, it is
the modified material that meeets building codes and has a flame retardant,
it is safe.