Don Phillipson

"Rob" wrote in message news:LMIrd.4588$gN3.3644@trndny07...

I have never owned a snow blower and know nothing about them, other than
they're expensive, I'm broke, and I'm tired of spending 3 hours outside

with
a shovel when it snows. I have an opportunity to pick up a 25 year old

Toro
524 for $100. It's had a recent tuneup and I'm told it runs fine, the

chute
is rather rusty though. I can't find any info about this on the net. I
dont know if its 1-stage or 2-stage. I don't know who makes the motor. I
have no idea if it's good for new england winters or for a steep, long
driveway with heavy snow.

#1. What size is the engine? "A steep, long driveway with
heavy snow.needs at least 8 h.p., preferably 10.
#2. If this is large enough for your needs, and if the
engine runs OK and the impellers turn, buy it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs