Waynemak

the 3 way switch, spark , no spark, spark start only is used like this

Spark on is for AC tig work
Spark off is for stick welding
Spark start only is for tig welding with DC

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:51:06 -0500, "Waynemak"
wrote:

I find my 300 amp to be smooth and quite, I will send you an email with
the
pdf attached, it is for the 300 amp but most should be the same.

Thanks Wayne. I got it.

There are a number of differences in the controls. I dont have a Spark
Intensity pot and there is a three position switch marked Spark,
(center off) on, and start only. I assume this is the Soft Start?

Can this be used for stick or is it a tig feature only?

The only adjustment pots are afterflow and current.

There are only three power ranges, unlike your 4, which I have seen on
all the other 300 amp machines. ( almost got a 300 amp, until we
found out the transformer was toast)

There is no 110vt receptical in the face plate, and there is only
outputs for gas solenoid, not water.

The manual answered a few questions and presented a few more, that Ill
ask when I get a handle on the machine a lot better.

Many thanks

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes