John L. Weatherly

Karl Townsend wrote:

have these adjustments, have NO CLUE what to do with them:

Afterflow timer: Has electrode sizes listed or desired afterflow min to
max.

This controls the amount of time the gas flows through the torch after you
stop welding. Larger tungsten electrode means takes longer to cool off
with the post flow.

Spark Intensity: adjusts by knob from low to high

High frequency arc start. I adjust mine to be able to start the arc from
about 3/4" from the work.

Soft start: On/off

Gradually ramps up the current when the arc is established.

Spark start only: On/off

High frequency control for establishment of arc. I use the start only
setting on most everything except aluminum. Aluminum needs HF all the time
for arc stability and cleaning.

I don't use the TIG side on my machine a whole lot. Others will be able to
answer in more detail.

Good luck

--
John L. Weatherly