Paulco

Vicmarc supply an adapter with the chuck to suit your lathe, the
adapter has a set screw for locking the adapter to the chuck.
Cheers
Paul

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:35:51 GMT, "Lyn J. Mangiameli"
wrote:

To my knowledge, only Oneway and Teknatool provide chuck inserts with a
locking screw that will ride in a matching spindle groove. On both
chucks the location for the spindle locking screw is the same, so they
each fit the same grooves found on the Oneway lathes and the more recent
versions of the Teknatool lathes.

Just an aside about Jim's speculation. The Oneway taperlock spindle
adapters are unique to the Oneway products (chucks, vacuum chucks, and
some faceplates), and can not be retrofitted to other brands of chucks.

Though you didn't mention it, I'd suggest you not count out the new
Supernova 2 and Titan chucks from Teknatool. They are a third generation
design and a significant advancement from their earlier chucks (which,
if you don't know, were ground breaking for their day, as Teknatool was
the very first to develop a 4 jaw scroll chuck for woodworking).

Lyn

Bud wrote:

I have heard many peeps say good things about both the Vicmark &
Axminster chucks, being of superb quality, I have not seen either of
these chucks & was curious to know if either of these chucks have a
locking spindle set-screw, as on the Oneway chucks.

Thanks

Bud

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia