Christian McArdle

Screwfix do it much cheaper

I found that my local independent hire shop did better prices, well under a
3rd of those of HSS, but not matching those screwfix ones. I would be
concerned whether they fitted the machine hired, though. Are all machines
the same?

The only thing was that they encouraged me to get lots of each grade, whilst
I found that about half the total that I used were the coarsest grade (24).
However, my boards were completely screwed, having black gunk overpainted by
dark green gloss paint. Don't ask.

The 24 grit got everything off, put the boards looked pretty scratched up.
It only needed a little bit of working up to the 100 grit to remove all
traces.

Christian.