Jerry G.

Sparks inside of a CRT means that air has leaked in, and a new CRT is the
only fix. In the case of this model of TV set, it would be time to get a new
one.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Bobby Villamor" wrote in message
Hello everyone.
I am working on a 27in. toshiba color tv model CF27G50. Original trouble
symptom is that
when I push the power button on, the relay clicks supplying power and I
could hear the high
voltage attempting to build up then just about a second the relay clicks
turning the ac supply off.
I have tried disconnecting each low voltage power loads to check which
circuit or component
causes the relay to turn off almost instantly until I reach the high
voltage
section.
When I turn the power button on I see some sparks in the picture tube
electron gun - somewhere
around the filament / cathode area, then the relay turns off.
When I remove the high voltage cap from the picture tube the relay remains
on already, high voltage
is produced but the weird thing is that when I push the power button on
the
pcb or attempt to touch
any ground connection: wire, heat sink, etc., a high voltage arc jumps
from
the ground to my
finger before my finger touches it and I receive a mild electric shock.
Looks like excessive high voltage? But why do arc jumps even when a ground
terminal is touched?
I tried connecting in parallel the two snubber capacitors - those
connected
across h.o.t. with a
capacitor of smaller value but no effect.
I would appreciate any hint, comments or help regarding this problem.
Thank you very much.
Bobby