T i m

Default Fixing Celotex to walls

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:19:37 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Forget the lot use thermoboard, which is plasterboard with 30/40/50 mm
insulation bonded. +AKM-17 an 8x4 sheet fix with drywall adhesive.+AKM-4.75 a
25kg bag. Bingo finish in one.

For a shed, though, it might be more appropriate to use plywood instead of
(or in addition to) plasterboard, as it is much easier to fix shelving and
racking to.

Christian.

I turned a pre-fab 20' x 10' concrete garage into a GP workshop and
wanted to line the inside with something warm, strong and easy to fix
things to. The 'problem' was the inside of the garage was very
'paneled' with a 1 1/2" 'dish' in the panels.

I cut up a load 4 x 2 (sawn) into 6" long blocks and 'Gripfilled' them
to the inside walls at 3 heights (top. middle and bottom) and 2'
spacing. I then lined the whole lot with bubble pack and used ally 'H'
section strips to lock 12m WBP (is it?) ply panels together at the
joints and screwed to the wooden blocks.

The whole lot was painted with some light grey floor paint and (second
hand) Spur uprights (full height) fitted at 2' intervals around all
the walls (picking up on the glued blocks). This means I can put
shelves pretty well anywhere and the ply is strong enough for brackets
or small draw units in between.

The steel trussed, corrugated cement fibre, ridge type roof is a bit
of a low pitch for any real 'loft' storage. I've not done anything to
that yet but I might fabricate some taller trusses and re-roof it at
some time soon? I think I can go up to 3m high without needing
planning permission (the workshop is 8' 6" at the eaves). I was also
considering some of that triple walled polycarbonate sheet to give me
more light or maybe an odd corrugated clear H/D panel if I stick with
that style?

The std 8' square up-and-over door was not much fun (especially in the
winter) so I fabricated a triple traditional door set (out of 50 x 25
x 1.5 mm steel box tube clad in steel sheet) to give a single 1/3 rd
wide 6' 6" high personal door and the other 2/3 rds are a sort of
bi-fold allowing the whole thing to open up if needed.

It all took quite a while to do but makes for a great hidy hole for
'fettling' stuff ;-)

All the best ..

T i m