Richard

"Peter Fairbrother" wrote in message

On your head be it ...

I have sucessfully melted aluminium on a ceramic electric kitchen cooker
hob
in a stainless steel cooking pan with a glass lid. IIRC magnesium has a
similar mp.

I'm in the UK though, and we have proper electricity (240V) here.

I am also based in the UK, I never gave thought to an electric element based
setup, obviously outside and well away from anyone or anything! I still
reckon a charcoal fire would be the cheapest and quickest option.
--
Richard H
UKRA#1172 L2 Cert

'We can produce in air sounds as loud as thunder and flashes bright as
lightning'
Roger Bacon