MrCheerful

Default Fixing Celotex to walls

"Stephen Gilkes" wrote in message
The bricks used to build this shed must be extra tough because I'm

blunting
drill bit after drill bit. They look like normal house bricks but the dust
is grey (not the usual pinky colour). I didnt expect them to be so tough!

My mate says I should just drill into the pug joints. Is this OK?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
At what spacing should I drill the holes? Every 18 inches?

I use brown plugs with 5mm screws going at least 50mm into the wall,
avoiding mortar lines. Every 18 inches sounds fine. I usually put 5 or 6

in
spread evenly, ensuring they are approximately in the middle of a
brick/block, to avoid damage.

Christian.

Buy an sds drill and bits.

MrCheerful