Karl Townsend

Is this a good machine? Will it suit my needs for basic around the
workshop puttering, gunsmithing, small aluminum welding and perhaps a
bit of small cast iron welding?

I already have a Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC welder for the gnarly stick
stuff, but was wanting this for mostly TIG welding

Ive very little experience with TIG and the price of this machine is
right...$200.

Any comments, suggestions, hints, warnings etc?

I have nearly the same machine, an idealarc 300/300. It has been a great
unit, I use it all the time. Its done tons of weld repair work on my 6000
feet of AL irrigation pipe. Thin parts that must hold 150 psi I've never
bought any repair parts (yet) but they are all readily available. Lincoln
has all the manuals in .PDFs on their web site.

Good luck

Karl