Travis Jordan

Dennis Ballance wrote:
I have a Kenmore electric range (really a Whirlpool). Today while
baking something, the top heater element in the oven basically went
into broil mode, staying energized. I could not shut it off, even
after pressing the "Cancel" button (although the display indicated the
oven was off). Eventually I got a "E2 F3" error, which appears to be a
"oven too hot" warning (solution = replace thermal sensor) according

http://www.american-appliance.com/se...ault_codes.htm.

Ultimately, I had to turn off the circuit breaker (and if I turn it
back on, the element comes back on again!).

It sounds to me like a bad control element, rather than a thermal
sensor problem (i.e., the thermal sensor was doing its job when the
oven got too hot). Of course, I have to wait about a week to get a
repair tech out. Any DIY solutions come to mind?

Sounds like an open thermal sensor to me. A common failure.