IMM

Default I LOVE Speedfit!

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Just thought I would re-iterate my love for Speedfit.

I can't solder to save my life, despite years of trying.
I have made many successful soldered joints.
However I have made at least the same number of unsuccessful ones, and

they
are generally a b*ggger to fix once the water has been turned on and off
again.

I was using compression joints prior to discovering Speedfit.
.
I have just fitted a few compression joints in an area where I wanted to

use
copper because it is stronger than plastic and I wanted it to be self
supporting.
[Also I had run out of Speedfit joints and had some legacy compression
joints]
It all worked, but took ages, plus two spanners and a load of PTFE tape.
One joint leaked a little, but was cured by undoing and re-fitting with
extra PTFE round the thread plus some PTFE round the olive.

Compare this to Speedfit:

Snip pipe
Insert ends
Push into joints
Job done, no leaks.

Our old plumber, with his trusty blow lamp and moleskin for sweating lead
pipes (done that too, a couple of times) may be turning in his grave.

However, let us lift a brimming glass to John Guest and Speedfit -

saviours
of the marginally incompetent!

Marley make a better system. If you are kak handed and can't solder, then
try using cheap copper pipe and brass push-fit fitting. Cheaper to install
than using all Speedfit. What is it? Speedfit are now in another fitting
re-design and Hep2O in about the 3rd or 4th. Plastic is no panacea get that
clear.

---