Gary DeWitt

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message ...
"Gary DeWitt" wrote in message
om...
"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message
"Geroge Barns" wrote in message

I tried to thin Minwax's Polyurethane with minerals spirit or paint
thinner and
I get congeal mixtures???

How do you thin Minwax Polyurethane? Thanks

What used to be my favorite mix (until I started using Waterlox) 1/3
minwax
poly, 1/3 mineral spirits, 1/3 watco oil. If you are just going to thin
a wipeable consistancy, only go about 30% on the mineral spirits.
Otherwise, you will need to use alot of coats to build up the material.
Or
get smart and use Waterlox like I do g
SH

What is it you like about Waterlox? I've heard good things about it,
but would value your opinion.

It basically goes on like my home brew but is better. And I like the fact I
don't have to mess around mixing it. Another plus is the shelf life is
better than my home brew. It is very easy to use and rubs out excellent.
It is just a great product imho. Buy a quart and try it. You won't be
dissapointed. It comes in Gloss, Original (sheen is equivalant to
Semigloss), and Satin.
SH

Thanks, SH, I will.