Larry Jaques

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:35:10 -0500, Tom Watson
calmly ranted:

Almost everyone enjoys the Great Pumpkin of American Hardwoods - that
being Cherry.

I like the nutty brown color of cherry, not the gawdawful mess
people call a "cherry finish", Tawm. Shame on you for actually
staining cherry. That's a "karma demerits" offense, y'know.

Unfortunately, not everyone can afford it and even those that can are
often too impatient to wait for it to mellow out and darken naturally.

When I was making cabinets for people I was often asked to provide a
Cherry Look, without the price tag. I was also asked to apply a toner
to real Cherry, to mimic the look it would have if left alone for ten
years or so.

So why didn't you tell them that you could set the wood in the sun for
a couple days, then let them tell you when to build?

The attachment contains five color samples. Two of them are Poplar.
One of them is Birch Plywood. One of them is Solid Cherry. One of
them is Cherry Plywood.

All I can say is "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ww!"
Wild Cherry flavor ain't purty at all.

The answer to your challenge is: Who cares which was the real wood
at this (discolored) point? I choose F) None of the above.

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003