Silvan

Tom Watson wrote:

Cherry Look, without the price tag. I was also asked to apply a toner
to real Cherry, to mimic the look it would have if left alone for ten
years or so.

Pretty ghastly, ain't it? At my uncle's place there's this massive,
extremely ornate china cabinet made out of some near ebony-colored wood
that has obviously had stain applied with a bucket. He bragged that it's
solid cherry.

Why?? WHY????????

I just don't get it. Why waste a thousand bucks worth of wood giving it a
finish like that when you could achieve the same result with MDF and paint?

I think if I were the guy doing that job for them I'd be tempted to stick
the cherry in my basement and actually build the thing out of poplar or
something. They'd never know the difference, and I would be preventing a
great crime from being committed.

Hell, I might even build it out of OAK. What do you reckon they'd ever
notice?

The attachment contains five color samples. Two of them are Poplar.
One of them is Birch Plywood. One of them is Solid Cherry. One of
them is Cherry Plywood.

I'll post the answers in a day or two.

If they're there, they aren't showing up here. I looked at ABPW with the
usenet replayer thing (neither of my servers does binaries anymore) and all
I see are some random tables and whatnots and a bunch of toy trains.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/