Dave Liquorice

On 31 Oct 2004 09:44:55 -0800, Graham Culley wrote:

I would guess that it's a case of turning off the mains water and
disconnecting the joint. Then re-taping with PTFE and fastening back
up tight. Is this correct?

Just try tightening it a tad but remember plastic isn't that strong.

If that doesn't work wander off to a shed and get a(*) fibre washer
for a "tap connector", ie something, red similar to thick cardboard,
with an inner/outer edge distance of a couple of mm.

(*) I doubt you'll be able to buy just one, it'll be a packet of 3 for
=A32...

Also, do I need to drain the cistern before disconnecting the pipe,
and if so, how do I go about that?

No, the only water that should come out is that between the ball valve =

the connection you are breaking. How ever if there is somewhere else
for air to get in (open ball valve in loft tank?) all the pipe work
above the broken connection will drain out as well. Be prepared for
nothing to half a bucket full...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail