r.p.mcmurphy

i wouldnt have thought it'd be a metal olive..it should be a flexable
washer. usualy just pinching it up works...if youve tried this you may need
a new washer. ptfe isnt usualy used here. pinch it up and see.

steve
"Graham Culley" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Where the cold water pipe feeds our toilet cistern, there is a small
drip of water constantly running down the pipe and causing a wet spot
on the floor. Initially we thought it was just condensation, but after
watching closely, it is infact a small leak where the metal pipe olive
screws onto the plastic fitting on the bottom of the cistern.

I would guess that it's a case of turning off the mains water and
disconnecting the joint. Then re-taping with PTFE and fastening back
up tight. Is this correct?

Also, do I need to drain the cistern before disconnecting the pipe,
and if so, how do I go about that?

Thanks in advance,

Graham